Mar 5, 2015

2015 Monthly Recap: February

I had a whirlwind of a February.

I was bombarded and overwhelmed by deadlines, homework, requirements and tests for Uni. I've been trying my best to maximize my time, and although I haven't mastered it yet, I was able to checked off some important things in my to-do list. Man, 24 hours is not enough for my life! Also, I had my hair cut short. For the hair-length reference, here's a picture of Mikasa Ackerman from Shingeki No Kyojin.

I also have that bangs on the center. :))
 Despite my busy schedule that revolves mostly around uni stuff, I was able to read 3 out of the 4 books I've set for myself this month. However, I was only able to read one book which was on my February to-read list. It was no other than Lullabies by Lang Leav, my read for the 2015 Reading Harder Challenge: A Collection of Poetry.

In addition, my read for this month's Debut Author Monthly Challenge,  was supposed to be Shutter by Courtney Alameda, but because I wasn't able to buy a copy *insert* because it was expensive but I will save so I could buy and devour it, I read My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga instead.

Moreover, the third and last book that I've read for the month of February was Danielle Vega's very disturbing novel, The Merciless, which made me cringe and felt as if it was my own nails being ripped off by a knife, and my finger being chopped off. I enjoyed it, the novel I mean, not the feeling of my nails being ripped off. It's definitely not for the faint-hearted.

I am definitely going to share my thoughts about them, and I can't wait to gush about these lovely babies that I've managed to get my hands on!

I would've finished Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book if February isn't two(or three)-day short. Also, I'm really glad about the change that I did for my blog! Aside from book-related posts, I've decided to post non-related book posts here! I knew deep inside that I wouldn't be able to wrap my head around on a new blog, so why not just post the stuff I want to talk about on this one?

It's been a stressful and productive month, and there's no doubt that March will be too!

How's your February?
What book did you took out for a date during Valentine's Day? 
Mine was My Heart and Other Black Holes!

No comments:

Post a Comment